Login for more articles.
- Update from the Shuswap Emergency Program (4/3/2020) - CSRD: * The Administration office temporarily closed their doors March 19th and staff continue to work remotely. * Landfill and transfer stations will remain open to the public during regularly scheduled hours. * All non-essential meetings and training have been cancelled until at least the end of April 2020. * All CSRD water systems are operating […]
- Safe Quiet Lakes (3/18/2020) - This organization, based in the Muskoka Lakes region of Ontario, has invited SWOA to join a national movement they have initiated called the Decibel Project – see http://safequiet.ca/. The goal of this initiative is to lobby the federal government to strengthen the provisions of the Navigable Waters Protection Act with respect to noise and mufflers […]
- Shuswap Watershed Nutrient Research- March 2020 (3/18/2020) - The Shuswap Watershed Council (SWC) has released a short report entitled “Understanding Nutrients and Water Quality in the Shuswap River and Salmon River” that is available on the SWC website (https://www.fraserbasin.bc.ca/_Library/TR_SWC/SWC_Nutrients_WaterQuality_Feb_5_2020_WEB.pdf). As the title indicates, the results of three years of research have shown that the sources of excess phosphorus (P) are along the Shuswap […]
- Invasive Mussels Letter (3/17/2020) - The Shuswap Waterfront Owners Association has sent a letter to the Office of the Minister of Environment and Climate Change Strategy about the threat that aquatic invasive mussels pose to the lakes in the Shuswap watershed. We are asking for more monitoring of water craft entering the lakes, rivers and waterways entering our province. Click […]
- Love Your Lake (3/17/2020) - Here is a resource for all of us. This organization started in Ontario in 2013 and is co-ordinated by Watershed Canada and the Canadian Wildlife Federation. We encourage you to connect at www.loveyourlake.ca and browse the online resources. If you want to do a self assessment of your shoreline go to 'Get Involved' and click […]