Login for more articles.
- Lake Levels Nov. 2019 (11/7/2019) - Lake Level Trend In our last newsletter, we expressed some concern regarding the upward trend in lake levels that was occurring through the month of September. In fact, the heavy rain events in the latter half of September resulted in the lake level increasing to the maximum levels observed in the past and exceed those […]
- Fisheries Act (11/7/2019) - Revised Fisheries Act in Force Effective August 28, 2019, provisions of the new Fisheries Act came into force. The new act includes new protections for fish and fish habitat in the form of standards, codes of practice and guidelines for projects near water. More details can be found on-line at http://www.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/campaign-campagne/fisheries-act-loi-sur-les-peches/protection-eng.html. Summary of the changes […]
- Buoys Update November 2019 (11/7/2019) - Buoys Removed and Tagged SWOA has been tracking the issues related to non-compliant buoys since the fall of 2017 when we first heard that Transport Canada, along with the CSRD, were tagging buoys along Shuswap Lake. Over the past two years, information reported in the Salmon Arm Observer documents that as many as 86 buoys […]
- Removal of non-compliant Buoys (10/19/2019) - Transport Canada will be removing non-compliant buoys on Shuswap and Mara Lake starting October 21, 2019 through October 25, 2019. Click on the "Removal of non-compliant buoys" under News Media Articles for press release.
- 2019 AGM Report (9/29/2019) - SWOA AGM was held August 14th at the Blind Bay Hall. We celebrated 10 years of advocacy for waterfront owners and reviewed our accomplishments for those who attended. We appreciate that through our efforts local, provincial and federal governments have recognized SWOA as a resource for issues concerning waterfront property owners in the Shuswap. Through […]