Login for more articles.
- Removal of non-compliant Buoys (10/19/2019) - Transport Canada will be removing non-compliant buoys on Shuswap and Mara Lake starting October 21, 2019 through October 25, 2019. Click on the "Removal of non-compliant buoys" under News Media Articles or open this post for press release.
- 2019 AGM Report (9/29/2019) - SWOA AGM was held August 14th at the Blind Bay Hall. We celebrated 10 years of advocacy for waterfront owners and reviewed our accomplishments for those who attended. We appreciate that through our efforts local, provincial and federal governments have recognized SWOA as a resource for issues concerning waterfront property owners in the Shuswap. Through […]
- Update on Buoy Enforcement Regulations (9/29/2019) - Has your buoy been tagged? As we had reported earlier, approximately 600 mooring buoys were tagged by Transport Canada for noncompliance. Just under 400 buoys were tagged on Mara Lake and just over 200 along the North Shuswap. Because of the large number of buoys that will need to be replaced, the manufacturers have not […]
- Zebra and Quagga Mussel Defense (9/29/2019) - Earlier this year SWOA wrote to the Provincial Government urging them to strengthen their mussel defense program, especially over-night at the various watercraft monitoring stations leading into our watershed. On September 9, we received the following correspondence: “Reference: 347016 September 9, 2019 A. Clyde Mitchell, President Shuswap Waterfront Owners Association Dear A. Clyde Mitchell: […]
- Comment on Lake Levels (9/29/2019) - Well, a pleasant summer has quickly turned into fall and winter cannot be far behind. Activity on the lake has slowed and lake levels continue to drop towards the winter low – or do they? During the spring freshet Shuswap Lake levels peaked at one of the lowest levels recorded in the past and over […]