Login for more articles.
- Lake Level Forecast – Update (7/2/2020) - July 2, 2020 As first reported in our June 27 update, the Provincial River Forecast Centre has maintained the Flood Watch advisory for the South Thompson watershed. The Centre defines a Flood Watch as follows: River levels are rising and will approach or may exceed bankfull. Flooding of areas adjacent to affected rivers may occur. […]
- Flood Watch advisory June 27,2020 (6/27/2020) - Flood Watch Advisory for the South Thompson Watershed June 27, 2020 The Provincial River Forecast Centre has issued a Flood Watch advisory for the South Thompson watershed. The Centre defines a Flood Watch as follows: River levels are rising and will approach or may exceed bankfull. Flooding of areas adjacent to affected rivers may occur. […]
- Lake Levels and Runoff – an update (6/24/2020) - June 24, 2020 In our post on June 21st we reported that Shuswap Lake levels would remain near the current level (349.02 m) over the next week and then start to decline slowly at the end of June. The forecasts on June 22 and 23 reinforced the June 21st prediction. However, todays 10 day forecast […]
- Lake Levels and Runoff June 21, 2020 (6/21/2020) - In our post on June 12th, we speculated that Shuswap Lake might remain stable near the annual peak over the following 10 days, possibly increasing by as much as 0.22 m (0.7 ft) to a peak on June 20th. Well, with the variable weather over the past week we were right that the lake should […]
- Boat Licence in Canada. (6/21/2020) - Boat Licences It has come to the attention of some of our members that they are receiving notifications from Transport Canada reminding them to renew their boat licences. Evidently it is suggested that owners do this renewal every ten years or when changes occur in their contact information or the status of the boat changes. […]