SWOA presented Shuswap’s Royal Canadian Marine Search and Rescue - Station 106 Shuswap (RCMSAR) with a cheque for $1500 at our AGM on August 23, 2017. RCMSAR was very appreciative of the donation, which will be used by RCMSAR for safety on Shuswap and Mara Lake.
Did you know....
• RCMSAR is staffed by around 25 people, all volunteers.
• RCMSAR responds 24/7/365 with medivac, first aid, marine search and rescue.
• If you have trouble on the water or where there is no road access, call 911 and the RCMSAR boat will be dispatched.
• RCMSAR has responded to 20 to 50 calls a year, since its formation in 2012.
• Shuswap’s RCMSAR is the only ‘inland’ marine search and rescue in Canada
Picture: Bruce Weicker President Shuswap Lifeboat Society, Clyde Mitchell President SWOA, Rob Sutherland Station Leader Shuswap Station 106
Here’s a link to the RCMSAR presentation at the AGM, with more information on their operation.